Sunday, November 20, 2005

Marathon Fears

This morning I woke up with the realization that I am going to be running 26.2 miles and I am absolutely terrified. Wanna know something ... the idea of running 26.2 miles doesn't scare me. I know in my heart of hearts that I am prepared for the physical and even the mental aspects of this very momentous run.

What am I scared of then? I am scared that I won't be able to find the starting line or that traffic will be so bad that I will have to be dropped off miles away from the starting line and that I won't get there in time.

I am even more scared that I will get there and everyone will realize that I am a fake. I have had some pretty major support getting to this point ... but it has all been long distance and sideline support. I have never ran with a runner and I really don't know what a runner is supposed to look like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amber you are awesome, a runner is someone with the heart and will power that you posess. To get up each morning and put your running shoes on and run is a huge honor. I am so proud of you keep up the hard work, and set the tone for other ladies to do the same. you are a marathon runner, dont let anyone tell you differ and dont you think differ because then again what is normal and what is weird? nobody knows....my point is you are NOT fake you are not anything neg..you are what you say you are..and you are what you become.and by you running your marathon i call you a marathon runner something that i wish i could say i did. it takes a lllot of hard work and dedication GREAT JOIB!