Monday, August 29, 2005

3 Miles ..... phewwww

I just got back from my first 3 mile run of my 4th training week.

Run Time: 40:31
Run Distance: 3.00 Miles
Avg Pace: 13:29/mi
Best Pace: 5:40/mi (I don't believe it!!!)

It would have been faster except for the red lights I had to wait for. Traffic is definately alot busier at 4:00 pm then it is at 1:00 pm. And let me tell you, no matter what direction you are trying to get to my house from you are going uphill. I have no idea how this is possible but I swear that I'm running uphill at least 75% of the time when running from my home. And I'm sure this won't be the last time I mention this.

This week's schedule:

Monday - 3 Miles
Tuesday - 5 Miles
Thursday - 3 Miles
Sunday - 8 Miles

I would normally run my long run on a Saturday but Megan is starting a new preschool schedule next week, MWF from 12 - 2:30. So my new running schedule will be Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday with breaks on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. It will work!

My running route took me through Bever park today. My very first run back in the June'ish time frame, long before a thought of a marathon ever entered my head, was a very labored run to Bever park, 1.3 Miles as calculated by a car odometer. These days my shortest training run is 3 miles and that's only for another week. Never thought I would be saying that 2 months ago. It was very exhilerating as I ran to the park ... and then passed the park and kept on going.

I am a Marathoner!!!

No comments: