Thursday, January 11, 2007

Excuses Excuses

Somewhat valid excuses, but excuses nonetheless. I am still on a running streak ... life is just very temporarily getting in the way.

I was supposed to run Monday morning while my kiddos were in school. Unfortunately, Sunday evening Megan had a stomachache ... which led to me being up with her all night while she alternated vomiting and pooing. Needless to say, she did not make it to school and I, therefore, did not make it on my run.

Tuesday I had a tooth pulled. The first question I asked the oral surgeon was 'when can I run again'. His rather vague answer was 'when it quits hurting'. Days or weeks ... he couldn't tell me. However, he did give me a prescription for vicodin ... and it doesn't hurt while taking the vicodin ... I wonder if that counts?

I think that for safety sake ... I will likely wait until next Wednesday to start running again. I would go out Monday, but alas, it is a school holiday and my lovely kiddos will not be in school ... and I cannot run if they are not in school. So ... I'll be back next Wednesday. Count on it!!!

No comments: