Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Ran Again

I hate to admit that I had my doubts that I would run again so soon without having a strict schedule or an end goal in sight. But I did it! This morning I woke up, said to myself I'm gonna go running, grabbed my running gear and got ready to go. I then waited for two hours while I waited for my house guests to be up and about ... they were kind enough to watch Megan for me!

I went out on a nice 4 mile run. It was nice to know that I do indeed have a four mile circular route from the house. Very helpful!

Still listening to "At Home in Mitford". So far so good ... it has my full attention and I'm anxious to get back out on the road so that I find out what happens next. Always a sign of a good book.

I still love my shuffle. I ran with it hanging from my neck again ... it's awesome!!! As far as I know it doesn't have a way to bookmark where I left off. I'm kind of worried that next time I listen to it that it will have lost my place and I'll have to start all over again. This morning I had the bright idea of 'rewinding' to see if I missed anything. It took me to the beginning of the audiobook and I had to spend my first three quarters of a mile 'fast forwarding' it to where I left off last time. Any grand idea's out there from you Shuffle users on a better way to listen to an audiobook? Maybe I should just read the instruction booklet that came with it. But seriously, that is one of the things I love about the shuffle ... I didn't need an instruction book to use it ... it was that easy!

Running Stats

Running Time: 52:31
Running Distance: 4.00 mi
Average Pace: 13:08/mi

1 comment:

Kimberly Rae said...

When I was living on the east coast and didn't have anywhere near my house that was safe to run, I use to rent movies at blockbuster and I was only allowed to watch them when I was on my treadmill - sounds like a good idea with the audio book now that I can get outside and run - a good book sure would keep me out longer or have me going out more often!