Sunday, September 11, 2005

And I Thought The Last 3 Were Bad

So the last time I ran was 3 miles after 2 hours worth of yardwork, and that was a slow run. Or at least I thought it was until I started my 10 today. I knew it was going to be bad when my first mile I averaged 14:04/mi. I just could not get my legs to move faster if I tried. And as much as I would like to be able to say things got better, they definately didn't. It wasn't like I was overly tired or sore. I just plain could not move any faster if I had tried.

I was hoping to make it back in time for church but of course I got a late start, and that coupled with a slow run made it impossible. I started at 7:48 am. About 3 1/2 miles and about an hour later I gave Jason a call and told him he may want to go ahead and head to church without me, there was no way I was going to make it back in time.

But ... the good news is that I did it. I ran 10 miles non-stop today. It felt good to be done with it, that's for sure!

Running Stats

Running Time: 2:30:42
Running Distance: 10.01 mi
Average Pace: 15:04/mi

No comments: