Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I Think I'll Eat Some Worms

I was reminded of that old childhood chant today during my run ...

Nobody loves me
Everybody hates me
I'll think I'll eat some worms

itty bitty skinny ones
big fat juicy ones
I'll think I'll eat some worms

It's all about the rain for me lately. Sunday's run was a torrential downpour 15 minutes in the beginning of my run. Today's run was 1 1/2 hours in a steady light rain. Either way you are sopping wet.

I broke down and went back to the Stoneybrook YMCA. Ironically it wasn't hot today, just wet. When I got back to the Y after my run the lady at the checkout desk was looking at me weird. I didn't have my card with me because I had checked in and dropped my stuff off in a locker before my run. So I tell her I already checked in and she says "O-kay ... but would you like a tow-el ... or two tow-els?" I guess I was standing their dripping water on their floor, oops.

About those worms, I spent the whole 1 1/2 hours jumping over and swerving for worms so that I wasn't squishing them. I had forgotten that worms come out in the rain. Guess it's been awhile since I have been out and about in the rain. Really, it's been awhile since I have been out and about on city sidewalks.

Run Stats

Running Time: 1:25:57
Running Distance: 6.00 mi
Average Pace: 14:19/mi

btw, I know everybody loves me and I really don't want to eat those worms :)

No comments: