Thursday, October 27, 2005

Excuses Excuses

I am three weeks away from a marathon, and my training schedule is going bust. I was supposed to run 8 miles yesterday and 5 miles today, but it seems like I just keep coming up with excuses, even though on the surface they are very valid.

The movers were here yesterday and boy was that rough. I have never dealt with someone who had less of a personality and yet was more lazy then Mr. Mover ... but that's a story for another time. After the movers left Jason and I spent the next couple of hours getting the house spic and span cleaned for the new owner. I am happy to say that I am proud of the way we left it.

Just as we were finishing our cleaning spree our realtor dropped by with our set of papers to sign. This was definitely the easiest house sale we have ever had ... what a relief for once.

Then it was time to catch a quick bite to eat and check into the hotel for the night. It was about 9 pm when we finally got all settled into the hotel. No chance I was running 8 miles yesterday. No problem right, I can do it today ...

... but I woke up this morning with a burning desire to get this show on the road. What's the difference between staying the night in a hotel here or staying the night in a hotel on the road. Well besides the added bonus of we get to split a 10+ hour drive to Pittsburgh into two days.

I have already got Jason on board, cancelled our room here for the night and arranged for lodging at a pet friendly hotel in route. Now I have a busy morning ahead ... packing up the car here at the hotel, loading up the stuff we still have left at the house (did I mention Mr. Mover was lazy?), returning the cable box, filling up gas tanks and ... oh my why did I want to leave today?!?

To make a long story short, I have already missed a 5 mile and a 8 mile run with only 3 weeks left until the marathon.

No comments: