Friday, October 14, 2005

Ladybug, Ladybug Fly Away

This time last year Cedar Rapids was invaded by ladybugs. We were living in a 27 foot RV at the time in the Pleasant Creek RV park waiting for our new house to close. We woke up one morning to ladybugs. They were everywhere and in everything. The side of the RV was so covered with ladybugs that you could barely see white through them.

They are back this year, though thankfully not as bad. I used to like ladybugs until there were too many in one place. When they land on you they dig in, and it hurts. It's not an excruciating pain by any means, it's more like an 'ouch, what's that?' type of pain.

Anyhow, I was out for my last short run of the week, a quick 5 miles and I kept getting hit by flying ladybugs. More annoying then anything really. Who would have thought that ladybugs could be so annoying?

I'm still listening to 'The Memory of Running'. I'm now 3 hours into it and it hasn't gotten anywhere yet. It is supposed to be 4.7 stars out of 5 with over 700 responses on audible.com ... we'll see.

Running Stats

Running Time: 1:08:08
Running Distance: 5.00 mi
Average Pace: 13:38/mi

No comments: