Friday, October 21, 2005

Racing the Clock

and I would have won, but the plans changed.

I am a major procrastinator ... always have been ... probably always will be. I was dressed in running clothes and walking out the door to take Megan to school, albeit a little late as usual, when I remembered that I needed to put part 2 of 'The Memory of Running' on my mp3 player. Meant to do it earlier, really I did. Of course it's never as easy as just doing it, especially when I have always had Jason there to do it for me. I had no choice but to take her to school and come back and do it myself. Ok, I did have the option of running without it, but I didn't want to.

I rushed home and figured out how to download the book from audible.com and then upload it onto my mp3 player ... all by myself. I ran out the door at 1:02. My run was supposed to be 1 hour 10 minutes and it takes me 15 minutes to get there and I had to be at the school at 2:30. Not much time to spare at all for stretching and chocolate milk (great protein to carb ratio for after a run).

My wonderful husband called me at 1 hour into my run to let me know that he was getting off early and would be able to pick Megan up. Finally I was able to relax and enjoy my run ... whoohoo ... the last 10 minutes of it :) Thanks Baby!!!

Running Stats

Running Time: 1:09:23
Running Distance: 5.00 mi
Average Pace: 13:52/mi

No comments: