Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Running in the Dark

Jason had an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon this afternoon and his ankle is looking better. He does have a small piece of chipped bone, but not bad enough to require surgery. Even better, his pain level has gone down tremendously. He even has permission now to put some weight on it and will take things day by day. Unfortunately, he will not be running the Suffolk County Marathon with me in February ... if I can even find information on it. I still have hopes for him running the Long Island Marathon with me in May though.

After his appointment we took Megan to the park to get let her run off some of that energy that she has been storing for the last seveal days. She made a friend and we ended up staying longer then we had planned.

We then picked up dinner from Olive Garden and headed home so that I could go out for my run. By the time I headed out the door it was close to 6 pm. I knew it was getting dark earlier, but I hadn't planned on it being fully dark by the time I got home an hour and some minutes later. We live in the older side of town and the sidewalks are none too level. Needless to say it was slow going that last mile running over leaf strewn, cracked and uneven sidewalks. Reminded me of watching the track athletes during practices ... running with exaggerated high knees.

My audio book is starting to get a bit more interesting. At least he is riding the bike now. Only took me about 4 hours to get into it ... geesh ...

Running Stats

Running Time: 1:10:23
Running Distance: 5.02 mi
Average Pace: 14:01/mi

1 comment:

kt said...

yeah amber! i feel like i'm having you-withdrawal! i do read your posts here and look for your comments..but for some reason i have been missing you.
BE CAREFUL in the dark, babe! i have only rolled my ankles in the darkness. yrs ago. i decided i must have very strong ankles cuz i never did actually sprain them! coolness!

good about j. thnk God, huh? surgery is no fun.

i'm about to go to the doc myself. we'll see. few more days? if i'm stopped from running at all...would that be the checkpoint? i'm sad. but, if you read MY BLOG, you'll see i'm set for walking for now. perhaps 3 days?
dunno.
sorta befuddled by the whole thing, truth be told.

love ya
kt